Workshops are the heart of the conference, providing professional development opportunities for youth and adults alike. Strong proposals should show ties to curriculum, and include reflection components, youth voice, and community partnerships. The proposal should effectively describe the impact the program has on its community and how the initiative is unique and replicable for conference attendees.
The period for workshop submission has ended. NYLC would like to thank everyone who submitted a proposal!
Do you have a high-quality project you would like to highlight at the conference? Not ready for a full 90-minute workshop session but have a powerful message to deliver? Then consider being part of the showcase. The Showcase highlights high-quality projects from across the country and is an opportunity to connect with people and share how a project was implemented, how it was connected to curricular goals, and what made it effective.
Thursday, April 16
7:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Set-Up
12:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. Display Hours
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Dedicated Viewing Time
Friday, April 17
8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Display Hours
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Dedicated Viewing Time
After 1:15 p.m. Tear Down
Projects will be set up as tabletop displays on a 6-foot table. Participants are encouraged to staff their table during the dedicated viewing times. Neither electricity hook ups nor internet connections are available in the showcase. Presenters may apply for both a workshop and a showcase. All presenters are expected to register for the conference.
Apply for the Showcase Today
OPPORTUNITY & RESOURCE FAIR
Your audience is waiting at the Unmask Your Potential Opportunity and Resource Fair. Do you have a valuable resource or opportunity that you can share with our audience of educators, students, nonprofit leaders, government, and more?
Why You Should Exhibit
Unmask Your Potential will feature an exhibitor layout located in the heart of conference activities that is guaranteed to help you reach the over 400 educators, state and federal officials, young people, program coordinators, policy-makers, and community-based organizations from around the world who attend each year. Reserve your spot and receive:
- Visibility – Join other leaders in the field at the nation’s leading conference on service in education.
- Talent pipeline – Gain access to a cohort of the nation’s most innovative, proactive young people and build your company’s talent pipeline.
- Special Events — A full schedule of programmed meals and events with ensure a steady stream of traffic.
- Product demonstration – The conference offers hands-on demonstration opportunities for tech companies, educational service providers, and tools to improve student learning. Participants are interested in the latest education, communications, and consulting tools and techniques to enhance educational programming in K-12 schools, colleges, universities, and community-based organizations. Nearly 50% of attendees are youth looking for opportunities to engage with community organizations as well as colleges and universities.
Download the Sponsor & Exhibitors Brochure to learn more about exhibiting at the 2020 National Service-Learning Conference, and to get your application to submit via mail!
If you wish to exhibit at the conference and register online, please be sure to use this link. We look forward to seeing you!
We invite you to join us on our journey to change the world with young people, their schools, and communities by becoming a sponsor today. NYLC is pleased to partner with businesses and organizations, large or small to create a sponsorship tailored to meet your needs. Show your support for youth leadership, student voice, service & learning in schools and communities across the country and around the world.
Learn more about sponsorship opportunities!
Submit a sponsorship inquiry today!
Each year, the conference celebrates the spirit of service. Nowhere is that spirit more visible than in the volunteers who make the conference happen by serving as room monitors, directing participants, and helping out in countless other capacities!
We are seeking volunteers, ages 14 and older, to assist with workshops, service-learning projects, registration, set-up, and tear down to join the Conference Service Corps.
- Learn about exciting developments in the service-learning and youth development fields;
- Interact and participate in conversations and/or activities with conference attendees;
- Receive an orientation, t-shirt, and snacks;
- Have the opportunity to attend general sessions and other conference events;
- Work alongside other volunteers from diverse backgrounds;
- Engage with key leaders in the community;
- Make the conference an amazing experience for attendees from around the country and the world!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and learn more!