Developing Youth Leaders at the Nobel Peace Prize Forum Minneapolis
Inspiring leadership, confidence, and contribution
September 14-15, 2018 | Minneapolis, MN | Augsburg University Campus
Join the National Youth Leadership Council for a two-day immersion in leadership development, which supports youths in exploring their identities and leadership skills through interactions with Nobel Peace Prize Laureates and their peers.
What You Do:
- Listen Generously to different perspectives and personal experiences including those of 2016 Nobel Peace Prize laureate President Juan Manuel Santos and the 2017 laureate, International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN)
- Stay Engaged in meaningful leadership activities.
- Experience Discomfort by pushing your boundaries, from a team-building to difficult conversations about power and privilege.
- Speak Your Truth about your own story and recognize the knowledge and expertise you already have.
What You Get:
- The ability to work together with people of all backgrounds.
- Allies to support your leadership development and service-learning action plan.
- The tools and knowledge to create equitable change in your community.
- Motivation to take action for the common good.
This leadership opportunity is open to both youths (entering grades 7-12 in 2018) and adults. Adult partners are invited to attend the Nobel Peace Prize Forum Minneapolis and then join their youth team the final session of each day.
Learn more and Register today!
The 30th Annual National Service-Learning Conference
April 22-24, 2019 | Washington, D.C.
The conference provides more than 100 hands-on learning opportunities through workshops, keynote and thought leader sessions. Topics range from social-emotional learning and civic education to youth leadership and international service-learning. Whether you are new to service-learning or an experienced practitioner, this conference has something for you. A Rookie series offers introductory sessions on the practice of service-learning while the research and thought leader sessions will engage even the most seasoned professional.
Save-the-Date and subscribe to the Leader to stay up-to-date on all the latest conference news!