Generator School Network
The Generator School Network is an online community of youth and adults committed to providing and advocating for high-quality service-learning experiences for young people around the world. Join the more than 3,500 current members in utilizing this free resource as a way to learn, plan, and connect with the service-learning field.
The National Service-Learning Clearinghouse is here!
The Clearinghouse offers thousands of free online resources for K-12, higher education, community based organizations, and tribal communities, and is the nation’s largest library of service-learning research, data, tools, and materials. The site is fully integrated within the GSN. To access the Clearinghouse you do not have to join the GSN but you will need to join in order to share or contribute to the site.
Useful GSN features include:
- Interactive dashboard that features the latest GSN and national service-learning activity
- Free monthly webinars from NYLC staff and national partners
- Professional development topics that include recorded webinars and free resources
- Hundreds of projects posted by other professionals from the field
- Handy search function to find projects that inspire you
- Create a group to convene service-learning peers from around the countryJoin discussions to collaborate in national dialoguePrivate messaging system to reach out to individuals or small groups of members
- Email notifications to keep you up to date with activity in your projects, groups, and discussions
Here what others are saying about the GSN:
“GSN is both a great way to find service-learning ideas and resource people as well as a vehicle to reach a wide range of educators and students.” – Maureen Charron-Shea
“… the GSN both keeps me connected to classroom practice through the experience of others across the country, but also to what's going on in the larger contexts of district-wide or state-wide activity” – Greg Herder
“In a system as large as ours, GSN has been a valuable resource to help guide us and to find projects similar to our areas of interest… The GSN has been useful for me because it provides so much information about so many different topics. I enjoy reading about successes from schools that are similar to my own school. As teachers, we do not need to continuously reinvent the wheel.”- Polly Westfall
“Taking this small step to make my service project more meaningful has had big results, and it's all thanks to the GSN tools that guided my self-assessment.”- Lauren McCabe
The Generator School Network staff is here to support you, if at any time you would like to give feedback, ask questions, or report abuse, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to your participation on the GSN.